Career Access Institute
What is your dream? How will you get there?
The College/Career Access Institute is a readiness program for students with learning or other types of disabilities. This series of workshops is designed to help students meet the rigors of postsecondary academic programs.
The Institute uses real world, interactive activities to demonstrate the college experience. This program will help students set realistic goals and develop a concrete plan to achieve academic success. Our goal is to turn students into smart consumers of postsecondary opportunities and resources.
- Assistive Technology – Students will explore hands-on tools and software for improving reading, writing, note taking, and study skills.
- Advocacy – Students will learn their rights and responsibilities. They will receive information on finding resources on campus and learn how to ask for support.
- More about Me – Students will discover the importance of self-determination. Activities will help students identify personal strengths and areas for improvement.
- Leadership and Team Work – Students will explore group dynamics by participating in, and leading team projects.
- Career Awareness – Students will evaluate personal career goals. They will explore necessary skill sets and competencies required in the field.
- Friends and Social Roles – Students will practice effective communication techniques. They will have opportunities to network and expand social circles.
- College and Career Readiness – Exercises will help students with decision making and problem solving skills. They will learn about priority setting and effective time management. Students will also learn the importance of being responsible, dependable, and punctual.
For more information about the program, contact the Student Success Center at email@example.com or by calling us toll free at 888-322-1918..